Friday, April 27, 2012

A Little Vintage

I found this dress on etsy and instantly fell in love.  It was listed as vintage and I'm pretty sure it's home made.  There are no tags and the seams definitely looks like they weren't professionally finished. I love the tiny bits of embroidery, the tiny pearl buttons, and the delicate lace detailing.  I also love that if I let down the hem she can keep wearing this beauty for two years.  More modern dresses need to have thick hems.  My daughter (and my boys) always outgrew things length wise long before they outgrew them in width.

She is also wearing a vintage crinoline which she has, sadly, outgrown.  I'm on the lookout for another one because I love the way dresses hang over crinolines.  The little toddler legs sticking out of a poofy dress is one of the cutest things.

redballoon 6


I really wish I hadn't chopped the balloons in this one.  It's one of those things I need to pay more attention to.
redballoon 5


redballoon 4

redballoon 2

I have a couple other vintage dresses as well, but one of them somehow escaped a photo shoot!  I don't know how that happened but I'm sure it's too short now and the hem had already been let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment